Quantcast

July 12, 2011

Dispatches from a Housewife

A temporary housewife! I go back to work in about a month.

Because... I had a baby.


She's super cute, right? Clara Valentine arrived on June 17th, very, very quickly. She's currently napping in her swing, and when she naps I have a long list of things I can do (Neale would like to point out that one if those is now emptying the litter box), and this is what I chose to do this afternoon. Almost one month later, and several months after my last post.

It happens.

Being a housewife does not suit me. Unfortunately, we're not in enough of a rhythm where I can say, "Oh, Clara naps from X time to X time, I can refinish that table, FINALLY." It's more like "Crap! She's sleeping! I wonder how long she will nap for. No time for wondering! Must... shower. Sleep. Etc."

I am really enjoying the Price is Right with Drew Carey. Also-- the Nate Berkus show ROCKS. At least I can feel like I'm interested without investing my precious time. Right? I'm justifying.

Point is: I will be tackling projects... soon. Here's a short list:

1. Refinish small side table for Clara's room
2. Refinish vintage wood desk to re-purpose as a vanity (for me)
3. Hang that pesky 4th curtain in our bedroom
4. Reorganize my clothes-- maternity vs. non-maternity and clean out closet
5. Clean out the catio. It's become a dumping ground, but I'd like it to be more of an exercise/craft/play area.
6. Find and buy rugs for Clara's room and our room.

...And she's waking up. More soon. Promise.

PS. Remind me to tell you about how much I hate Sleepy's, in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you say nice things, but if you don't, I'll get over it eventually.