Quantcast

September 13, 2010

This for That.

When Neale and I started out, we were really stupid with credit cards, and it took us a bit of time to get out of that. We're still getting out of it, actually, but we're in a much better situation than 3 or 4 years ago. As far as I'm concerned, credit cards are the devil. Another topic for another time, but let me thank Suze Orman's Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke for teaching me (I'm in charge of finances) how to be smart about this stuff.

Tangent aside, when we want something, we have to save or work for it. "Working for it" usually means selling something we already own. In this instance, I'm selling my old iPhone 3G (I'm an Android girl now) so I can purchase two of these:

I'm going to order two of these nightstands from Urban Outfitters, and I think these will FINALLY satisfy our needs. No, I won't be getting turquoise, as it's Neale's least favorite color, but these grey ones should work nicely. The cabinet will hide anything unsightly, and there should be just enough room for a skinny lamp and a fan.  Assuming I get full price for my phone, I'll still come up a bit short, but we'll be able to cover it without cutting into the grocery budget.

What are you saving for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you say nice things, but if you don't, I'll get over it eventually.