Quantcast

August 22, 2010

Update 2010

I realized in the 9 minutes before True Blood and Mad Men start, I could use this time wisely by posting on this site. Are you watching both of those shows on Sunday nights? You should.

Anyway, House Crap 2010 has been in full-swing these days. We’ve done what might be the nerdiest, craziest thing ever and put together a chore chart. (Neale insists that because it was his idea, it’s cool.) Regardless, we’re on week 2 of the chore chart’s existence and we’re really happy with it.

We’ve also had to deal with Flea Gate 2010. I’ve theorized that flea eggs existed in the house and we brought in two meals with us. That, or Rufus brought them back from the emergency vet. After some Frontline, calling my sister-in-law for advice, some serious vacuuming, brushing, vacuuming some more and finally, mopping the shit out of this place, we’re confident it’s under control.

We had our first overnight visitors a couple of weekends ago, and it was the most fun we’ve had in a long time. In our previous apartment, it was sort of cramped and weird. Now there’s privacy whilst showering, places to sit, and Jess & Mike even brought their dog Annie without any major issues. Jess is Neale’s oldest friend from high school and perhaps my favorite of his friends.

Our most major coup? The ice cream truck. We had a few beers when Jess & Mike arrived, and in a fit of excitement, Jess and I flagged the ice cream man down and bought some treats. Not sure if our neighbors across the street were too pleased, seeing as the truck was parked in front of his house, but let me tell you— IT WAS THE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD. And because she ran across the street just as fast as I did, Jess made it even more enjoyable.

Anyway, that’s it for now. Next up? The cool stuff I’ve gotten on craigslist and how you can do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you say nice things, but if you don't, I'll get over it eventually.